|CMA advertisers help keep this site free! Learn more|
Billy Crockett is listed in the credits for the following albums:
- 1984 - Gordon Jensen - Fighting the Fight: Guitars
- 1985 - The Cause - Do Something Now: Choir
- 1986 - Dion DiMucci - Velvet & Steel: Acoustic Guitar
- 1986 - Billy Crockett - Surprises in Disguises: Songwriter, Acoustic Guitar, Gut-String Guitar, Keyboards, Lead and Background Vocals
- 1986 - Rich Mullins - Rich Mullins: Background Vocals
- 1987 - Paul Smith - No Frills: Songwriter
- 1987 - Debby Boone - Friends For Life: Background Vocals
- 1989 - Sandi Patty - Friendship Company: Guitar
- 1992 - 4Him - The Basics of Life: Acoustic Guitar
- 1993 - Phillip Sandifer - The Other Side of Salvation: Guitars
- 1996 - Bruce Carroll - Speed Of Light: Guitars
- 1998 - Billy Crockett - Watermarks: Producer, Engineer, Mixed, Songwriter, Acoustic and Electric Guitars, Mandolin, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals
- 2007 - Bob Bennett & John Standefer - Six String Prayers: Songwriter
Billy Crockett is a songwriter, recording artist, music publisher, amateur astronomer and the creative director of Blue Rock Artist Ranch and Studios. He has recorded nine solo albums for Word, Urgent Records and his own label, Walking Angel. Billy has toured extensively over the past 20 years and continues to perform concerts in his trademark style, weaving storytelling, humor and original songs into memorable encounters. He has been a featured songwriter on the BMI panel at Austin.
A Performing Songwriter Returns
Love for the guitar, the right word, a clear idea, and a refreshing honesty has become, for Billy Crockett, 25 years of hit-yielding albums, touring internationally, virtuoso guitar-playing, and has delivered him to a new perspective and a new album, Wishing Sky (Blue Rock Artists; released 2009).
Billy studied jazz at North Texas State University and earned a degree in music engineering at the University of Miami before touring Mexico and Venezuela with Latin pop star José Luis (“El Puma”) Rodriguez. He has been featured on the BMI songwriter panel at Austin’s SXSW Music Festival, Artist-in-Residence at the Academy of Gospel Music Arts, and has been a guitar clinician for Yamaha International. To spice it up, he also earned a master’s of Liberal Arts degree from Southern Methodist University.
In 2000, Billy retreated from performing and recording and in the quiet, he and his wife, Dodee, began creating their shared dream, Blue Rock Artist Ranch and Studio, a top level recording facility, artist retreat and performance space in the Texas Hill Country. As creative director, he has produced albums for some of music’s most vital artists, edits a thriving journal on creative process and hosts a popular concert series.
Billy’s aptly titled Passages (Blue Rock Artists, 2006), is an album of original classical guitar pieces. His newest album, Wishing Sky, features timely and candid folk-pop story-songs; appearances by Jon Dee Graham, Ray Bonneville, Pierce Pettis and Lloyd Maines; flowing melodies and expressive lyrics; and the gusto of a man reunited with his first true love.
“These songs are my most personal so far,” Crockett says. “I am singing the gypsies, the howling dogs, the gaps and mysteries, the sweetness and silent remains of life as I know it. I have tried to do what poets must: tell it true.”
Billy Crockett: A Performing Songwriter Returns. (n.d.). Retrieved February 2, 2012, from http://www.billycrockett.com/about-billy/