|CMA advertisers help keep this site free! Learn more|
John Mays is listed in the credits for the following albums:
- 1983 - Gordon Jensen - Just in Time: Background Vocals
- 1986 - Sandi Patty - Morning Like This: Songwriter, Choir Vocals
- 1988 - Janet Paschal - Janet Paschal: Producer
- 1988 - Bruce Carroll - Richest Man In Town: Executive Producer
- 1990 - Buddy Greene - Sojourner's Song: Executive Producer
- 1990 - Scott Wesley Brown - Living in the Comfort Zone: Executive Producer
- 1990 - Bruce Carroll - Great Exchange: Executive Producer
- 1991 - Bruce Carroll - Sometimes Miracles Hide: Executive Producer
- 1993 - Michael English - Hope: Songwriter
- 1993 - Bruce Carroll - Walk On: Executive Producer
- 1995 - Bruce Carroll - One Summer's Evening Live: Executive Producer
- 1996 - Phil Keaggy - 220: Producer
- 1997 - Bruce Carroll - For The Record: Executive Producer
- 1997 - Aaron Jeoffrey - The Climb: Executive Producer
- 1998 - Sierra - Story of Life: Executive Producer
- 1998 - Newsboys - Step Up to the Microphone: Executive Producer
- 2003 - Phil Keaggy - History Makers: Executive Producer
Over his 35-year career, Mays discovered and signed Point Of Grace, Scott Krippayne, Cindy Morgan, Matt Redman, Nichole Nordeman, Warren Barfield, and the Passion worship recordings. Mays helped found Centricity Music in 2005.
He began his career in music at 17 as a musician, eventually landing jobs as a bass player with several bands and many Christian music recordings during the '80s. Along the way, he co-wrote "Love In Any Language," a career song for Sandi Patty included in CCM's list of 100 greatest Christian songs.
The Andrews, TX, native has been married to Dianne for 33 years and continues to brag on his two kids, Kelsey and John Austin, now both in college.
John Mays. (np). Retrieved June 14, 2011, from Linked In website: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-mays/5/a81/a41