Fred Hammond is listed in the credits for the following albums:
- 1987 - The Winans - Decisions: Background Vocals
- 1991 - Transformation Crusade - Makin' It Happen: Producer, Songwriter, Song and Background Vocal Arranger, Electric Bass, Synth Bass, Keyboards, Drum Programming, Background Vocals
- 1991 - Carman - Shakin' the House...Live!: Music and Vocal Producer, Bass, Vocals
- 1991 - Commissioned - Number 7: Executive Producer, Producer, Vocal Arranger, Arranger, Songwriter, Bass, Drum Programming, Keyboards, Vocals
- 1991 - Carman - Addicted to Jesus: Choir Producer
- 1992 - Various Artists - compilations - Generation 2 Generation:
- 1992 - 4Him - The Basics of Life: Producer, Engineer, Programming
- 1994 - Commissioned - Matters of the Heart: Executive Producer, Producer, Arranger, Vocal Arranger, Songwriter, Bass and Drum Programming, Keyboards, Keyboard Bass, Bass, Lead Vocals
- 1995 - Angelo & Veronica - Give Your Life: Producer, Songwriter, Keyboards, Live and Synth Bass, Drum and Percussion Programming, Background Vocals
- 1997 - Tammy Trent - You Have My Heart: Producer, Songwriter, Engineer, Vocal Arrangements, Keyboards, Drums, Percussion, Bass
- 1998 - Kirk Franklin - Nu Nation Project: Mixed, Vocals
- 1998 - Bob Carlisle - Stories From The Heart: Guest Vocals
- 2012 - Byron Cage - Memoirs of a Worshipper: Vocals
Fred Hammond (born December 27, 1960 in Detroit, Michigan) is a gospel music singer, bass guitar player, and record producer. The Dove and Stellar award winner has been active both as a member of the gospel performing group Commissioned, and as a solo artist (currently for Verity Records). He is a multiple Grammy-, Dove-, Stellar- award winner and nominee as a performer and a producer.
Hammond first gained recognition while playing bass guitar for the gospel group The Winans. By 1985 he was one of the six original members of the group Commissioned, participating in 10 of the group's 12 albums.
After his stint with Commissioned ended, he regained fame in the gospel community after selling millions of albums with his musical group Radical For Christ.
In 2002 Hammond returned to the group Commissioned (now with members Keith Staten, Marvin Sapp, Mitchell Jones, Karl Reid, Michael Williams, and Marcus Cole) to produce the Commissioned Reunion Live album.
Hammond produced Make Me Like The Moon, a stirring gospel ballad co-written by Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore for their 2006 double-CD of gospel and R&B love songs entitled Uncovered/Covered (released October 10, 2006 by LaFace/Verity/Zomba Music Group). He also performs with Sean Combs on the album Thank You.