|CMA advertisers help keep this site free! Learn more|
All Star United
All Star United is an alternative rock band that was formed by solo artist Ian Eskelin in 1996. The band is known for clever and sometimes sarcastic lyrics, as they frequently use their songs as vehicles to lampoon perceived excesses in Western culture. Their musical style combines elements of alternative rock and Britpop, and is based around melodically powerful choruses.
All Star United has released five full-length albums, a collector's EP, and a "best of" collection that included two previously unreleased songs. Their latest full-length project (The Good Album) was released internationally in 2009, but the US release was delayed until early 2010 and includes an additional radio single "Beautiful Way." The band has had several #1 charting songs in the United States, including the songs "Smash Hit" and "Superstar". They also had a #1 single in Singapore titled "If We Were Lovers". Band leader and founder, Ian Eskelin has also released three solo projects and currently writes and produces for a variety of bands and artists. In 2008 Ian received a Dove Award for "Producer Of The Year", and was nominated again in the same category in 2009.
All Star United's songs have been licensed in recent years for use on ABC’s “The Evidence”, the movie “Saved”, the trailer for the film "Superbad", and multiple CBS network imaging campaigns.
Wikipedia contributors. All Star United. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. November 8, 2010, 19:16 UTC. Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=All_Star_United&oldid=395592657. Accessed December 27, 2010.
- Dave Clo: Guitars (1997 - 1999)
- Christian Crowe: Drums (1996 - 2000)
- Troy Daugherty: Guitars (2000)
- Ian Eskelin: Vocals (1996 - 2003)
- Patrick McCallum: Keyboards (1996 - 1999)
- Gary Miller: Bass (1996 - 1997)
- Brian Whitman: Guitars (1996 - 2001)
- Adrian Walther: Bass (1998 - 2001)
- Stephen Ekstedt: Guitars (1999 - 2000)
- Richard Evenlind: (2001)
- Brian McSweeney: (2000 - 2001)
- Matt Payne: Drums (2002 - 2003)
- Mike Payne: Guitars (2002 - 2003)
- Jeremy Hunter: Bass (2002 - 2003)